Monday, June 27, 2016

Dum Spiro Spero

Create and Print T-Shirts - T-Shirt Designs tagged with 'south ...:
The South Carolina state motto.  My home state, and a quote that I frequently use.  While I breath, I hope.  This is inspiring, because every time you take a breath, there should be hope.

I hope for a lot.  I hope for my job change to go smoothly.  I hope that we can save & raise all the money we need for the adoption.  I hope that our wait for our child will not be too overly long.  I hope for a large family, with many children running around and the sounds of laughter filling our house.  I hope. 

In scripture, we are told,  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).  Right now, there is a lot of unseen in my life. And all I have is hope.  But sometimes it seems like hope isn't enough.  Sometimes we have to have a physical reminder, something that we can see, touch, smell, or even hold to keep hope in our hearts. 

Sometimes it is something simple.  A charm on your necklace (I have a charm that reminds me to be fearless... Something I struggle with at times), a particular wall hanging, or a box filled with things you hope to one day use. 

I have the beginnings of a hope chest for our future child.  It isn't much.  A crocheted hat, a blanket with koalas on it, and some wall hangings.  I am also redoing the room that will one day be the place our child sleeps.  We are going to have leaves all over the floor (In my head, it looks amazing!  when it is done, I'll definitely post pictures). But I'm responding in hope for something that I can't see, touch, or smell. 

And one day, that hope will be fulfilled. 

So no matter where you are in your journey, and as you follow our adoption journey, that you will keep the hope. 

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is currently being processed. Please allow up to 72 hours for posting.