Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I Would Walk 500 Miles, and I would walk 500 more...

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NIV)


Because I needed a cup of tea #muglife #teamakeseverythingbetter

This is the verse I keep telling myself every day.  It is what I marinate on when I wake up, through the day, and until I close my eyes (yes, I did just used the word marinate to describe how I much I think of this verse).  I have actually had a dream before where I was reciting it, so I obviously think about this verse a lot.

This has been my life verse since I discovered it in my freshman year of college.  During that time, I was far away from home (by choice), I felt abandoned by the home church that I had grown up in, and I hadn't found my niche yet in college or in the big city of Columbia.  And then I read this verse, and it wasn't like I miraculously felt better, but things started to change.  I remembered that I wasn't alone.  And I made friends, found a local church to attend, and Columbia started to feel like home.

So what does this verse have to do with adoption? 

Well, adoption is a journey.  Not necessarily a physical one, but it is definitely an emotional and spiritual journey.  And it isn't an easy one.  For me, it is hard, not necessarily because of one factor or another.  It is the wait.  No one likes the wait on a journey.  It just isn't fun.  "Are we there yet?" is the constant refrain from just about every child on a trip, and sometimes it is no different for me on this journey.  "Do we have the funds yet?" "Do we have all the paperwork ready?" "Where are our W2s?!?!", etc, etc, etc (hahaha, a King and I reference!).

Where does the worry, the stress, and the overall impatience end?

It ends every time I remember this verse.  It keeps reminding me, that though we haven't reached our destination, we aren't alone.  God is with us, every step of the way, guiding us towards our child.  When the time for this journey comes to a close, what we have learned about ourselves & our God will only help us to become more of what we are called to be.

No journey is easy, but the destination is well worth it.

So here is to the journey!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is currently being processed. Please allow up to 72 hours for posting.