Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Let's Play Ball!

Truth!:

Growing up in my youth group, I remember my youth minister using this quote... A LOT! So much so that when I went to college, I laughed at the movie for my college orientation was: a League of Their Own


On a side note: Yep, I laugh every time.  I can't help it.

 So where am I going with this? 

Communication! 

What? 

I told you, communication!

So take the quote that I put up (no, not the gif, the quote at the very top). Replace the word "it" with "communication".

"Communication is suppose to be hard.
If communication wasn't hard, everyone would do it.
The hard is what makes communication great."

Makes sense, doesn't it?  We talk all the time, we send messages, tweets, statuses, and post pictures.  But communicating is so hard. 

And as we walk this journey of adoption, we are having to learn a whole lot about communicating.  Communicating with each other about our feelings through this journey. Communicating with our friends, family and coworkers about our needs in this journey.  And this is just the beginnings of the process.  In the near future, we are going to be communicating with lawyers, birth mothers (or even birth families), our adoption consultants, social workers, and so many others.  And that thought is so daunting. 

As the social butterfly, the idea of communicating with so many people shouldn't be that scary, but it is. It shouldn't be that hard, but it feels like it. 

It is the hard that makes it great

And that is what I keep reminding myself.  I hope that you too remember that it is the hard that makes it great.  So whatever journey you are experiencing, I hope this entry gives you some hope. 

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is currently being processed. Please allow up to 72 hours for posting.