Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Carpe Diem

Bucket List!:




So the picture above isn't exactly true in what I want to talk about today, but it definitely is the closest thing to describe it.  

It's the New Year.  2017.  So much potential in the year.  And I realized that for the past 6 months I have done nothing but focus on what I couldn't do because it would somehow effect the adoption.  No vacations.  No new clothes when I actually do need to replace several pairs of jeans due to worn-in holes.  No going out on adventures.  Mike and I have stayed home and done very little, spent very little over the past 6 months.  And we still aren't at our goal.  

Now a few things have changed in our lives.  We took in a friend that had no where to go, and he will be staying with us for the next few months.  And we might get close to 50% of our goal in the next few months (fingers crossed and praying it is so), but I realized that we can't stop living our life just because we are trying to grow a family.  We still have the chance to do things, experience things, have just as much fun without children as we can have with children, RIGHT NOW. 

So instead of doing a resolution, I am doing a bucket list of sorts (Thanks to my friend J.G. for inspiring this idea).  I'm still working on it.  I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do each month.  But I'll do something.  And Mike might join me on some of it.  The goal is to keep living, loving, and enjoying life as much as I can while I'm in the waiting.

So may your New Year be happy, bright, and help you grow.  And if you want to join me on one of my bucket list things, let me know.  I might need a partner in crime ;-)

Cana
#FindingOurCrayons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is currently being processed. Please allow up to 72 hours for posting.