Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Age Is Just A Number

Calvin And Hobbes Quotes : theBERRY:



So a couple of weeks ago, I read this article, What’s the Point of Adopting a 17-year-old Kid?  And it brought up something I never had thought of.

The whole point of the article is that just because a child is about to become an adult (i.e. turn 18), that doesn't mean that they don't need a parent still.  Looking back at my own history, I don't know what I would have done without my mom & dad to help me out as I was learning what it meant to be an adult.  I can only imagine what it would be like for teens that haven't had the most stable life.
It was so thought provoking, I sent it to Mike.  And on the way home, we talked about it.  We want to have a family, we want to help children, and we know what it means it would take to adopt an older child: It means going through DSS and doing a lot of hard work and potentially expensive renovations to qualify for adopting an older child.

BUT, we are considering what we need to do to help give a child, an older child, a chance to have someone to lean on once they turn 18.

With that being said, say a prayer as we continue to save/earn/raise the money and consider the ways we will grow our family.

Cana
#FindingOurCrayons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is currently being processed. Please allow up to 72 hours for posting.